By Robert Hartwell Fiske
This convenient reference comprises one of the most silly words we communicate and write. Incisive, occasionally acerbic, observation accompanies each one access.
101 silly words encourages you to talk and write extra conscientiously and thoughtfully.
Read Online or Download 101 Foolish Phrases PDF
Similar literacy books
Taking the heart beat of present efforts to do—and, occasionally, undo—critical literacy, this quantity explores and opinions its implementation in studying contexts world wide. a powerful set of foreign authors supply examples of efficient serious literacy practices out and in of colleges, handle the tensions and gaps among those practices and academic regulations, and try and forecast the long run for severe literacy as a move within the altering international academic coverage panorama.
Of their new ebook, the winners of the TES nationwide Award for impressive Literacy Initiative percentage the secrets and techniques at the back of institution development via elevating literacy degrees around the curriculum. Graham Tyrer and Patrick Taylor draw at the profitable literacy initiative that raised their university from stable to notable, in addition to their paintings in 3 united kingdom colleges with a number Ofsted scores.
“This is a ebook concerning the American Dream because it has turn into embodied within the collage more often than not and within the English division in particular,” writes James Ray Watkins initially of A style for Language: Literacy, classification, and English reports. In it, Watkins argues that modern monetary and political demanding situations require a transparent realizing of the identification of English stories, making undemanding questions on literacy, language, literature, schooling, and sophistication once more vital.
In his most up-to-date writings at the historical past of literacy and its value for current realizing and destiny rethinking, historian Harvey J. Graff maintains his severe revisions of many as a rule held principles approximately literacy. The ebook speaks to critical issues concerning the position of literacy in smooth and late-modern tradition and society, and its complex old foundations.
- The Alter Ego Perspectives of Literary Historiography: A Comparative Study of Literary Histories by Stephen Owen and Chinese Scholars
- Na trilha da gramática: Conhecimento linguístico na alfabetização e letramento (Coleção biblioteca básica de alfabetização e letramento) (Portuguese Edition)
- Multiliteracies for a Digital Age (Studies in Writing and Rhetoric)
- Literacy Theory as Practice: Connecting Theory and Instruction in K–12 Classrooms (Language and Literacy Series)
- The Designs of Academic Literacy: A Multiliteracies Examination of Academic Achievement
- Developing Strategic Writers through Genre Instruction
Additional info for 101 Foolish Phrases